In Mac OS X printer codes are added in the print dialogue box using the following steps.
1. Open Word, or Pages, to print a test page so that the printer dialog box appears
2. Select the printer that needs the printer code.
3. Click on the Show Details button.
This will bring up an expanded dialogue box with several more options.
4. Click on the arrows next to Layout, and select Job Log from the menu.
5. Click in the box next to Enable User Code, and and enter your user code.
6. Click the arrows next to Presets, and select Save Current Settings as Preset.
Use a fairly obvious name for your preset to avoid future confusion, and make sure that the All Printers option is selected. This will allow you to use this preset for multiple printers so that you don't have to re-enter your print code multiple times.
7. Click OK, and then click Print to test and verify your printer code entry. When you next print to this printer be sure that the correct preset is selected.
Contact IT if you have trouble printing after following the above steps.